It is with great enthusiasm that we welcome you and your family to Christian Education at Christ the King Lutheran Church! We truly feel a strong home-church partnership is essential to the success of Christian Education. There are ample opportunities for you to become involved in our program. God Bless!
The goal of Christ the King Christian Education is for every child who walks through our doors to know that God loves and cherishes them just the way they are. We will provide our children with a basic background of the Bible so they may experience God’s love to the fullest. Christian Education will also help children understand and enjoy attending church services and functions with their families.
- Christian Education classes are held Sunday, Monday or Wednesday during the school year. It begins with a Rally Day held the first Sunday after Labor Day in September, and ends the Sunday before Memorial Day in May.
- Sunday School: is offered to children following their 3rd birthday thru 3rd grade. We ask that children are potty trained and able to be separated from their parents, unless a parent will be staying with the child.
- Children will start the worship service with their parents in the sanctuary and leave with their teachers after the Children’s Message. Parents are asked to pick up their children from their designated classrooms directly after worship.
- Monday evenings: We offer Christian Education classes for 4th through 6th grades.
- Wednesday evenings: Students in 7th through 9th grade attend Confirmation class. They come at 6 p.m. for fellowship and food, with class time from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
All Christian Education classes are taught by volunteers. We truly are blessed with great volunteers here at Christ the King!
You are all welcome to become part of the team. Please know that you don’t have to be an expert in theology to join in the fun. Just come with an open heart and your love for God! We will provide all of the teaching materials that you need.
Please contact the Christian Education Coordinator with your availability!
CONFIRMATION – SUNDAY MAY 4TH!
First Communion 2014
First Communion is right around the corner! Beginning on March 17th Pastor Tim will begin the Fed and Forgiven First Communion Curriculum. Table parents are still needed to attend these classes as we will have 40 students. Please sign up on the bulletin board in the Narthex or email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Dates & Times
April 7th Banner Making 6:30pm to 7:30pm
April 14th First Communion Workshop 6pm to 8pm
April 17th Seder Meal/Maundy Thursday Service 5:15pm to 8:30pm
- Nursery is offered at both locations for the 8:30 and 10:00 services and is run by paid staff members.