While our church building is quite nice, it’s not the building the makes Christ the King a “church”, it is the people. We could meet in a barn (and we have for Bless the Pets worship!), we are still Christ the King church. And by people being the church, I don’t mean a roll call list of names that say they are members, but the participation and actions of the people.
This time of the year brings a lot of opportunities for “action” in the church:
· Bible studies on Tuesday and Saturday mornings
· Helping with Sunday School, Christian Ed, and Confirmation,
· Discover and Discuss on Sunday mornings,
· God’s Work Our Hands workday
· Adult and children’s choirs
· Meal prep/cooking for Lay School or confirmation
· Trunk or Treat/Tailgating event,
· Attending worship in-person or online
· The many opportunities on Sunday mornings for worship and fellowship (readers, live stream and PowerPoint operators, ushers, communion assistants, greeters, song leaders, online moderators, bring cookies for fellowship time, prepare and serve coffee and cookies during fellowship after worship).
Participating and volunteering will make you feel better and more connected to your church and your church family (who know how many new people you will meet and become friends with!). So don’t be passive, become active in the life of Your Church. Call the office with questions or see the weekly newsletter and website for links to sign up for what moves you to action!
Community Life Coordinator